If your feet are killing you and you’ve tried some of the greatest walking shoes and still haven’t found comfort, you may need to reconsider your footwear even more. Choose the best Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis.
“Your plantar fascia supports the arches as you walk, absorbing the shock that naturally occurs,” says Brad Schaeffer, DPM, a board-certified podiatrist and foot surgeon with the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery (ABFAS) and owner of Central Park SOLE in New York City. “
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia, a band of tissues that links your heel bone to your toes. This can result in foot pain. Plantar fasciitis is one of the most prevalent causes of heel discomfort, according to the Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons1 (AAOS), and “poor arch support and ill-fitting shoes only make things worse,” adds Dr. Brad.
The AAOS suggests shoes with thick soles and cushioning to increase heel support and decrease fascia tension. Custom orthotics can also help, but you should start with the correct shoe.
Best Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis In 2023
- Overall, the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis are the Vionic Walker Classic.
- Brooks Addiction Walker 2: Best Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis in Seniors
- Saucony Cohesion: The Best Budget Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 13
- The Best Plantar Fasciitis Walking Shoes: HOKA Bondi The Kuru Pivot is one of the best slip-on walking shoes for plantar fasciitis.
- Plantar Fasciitis Hiking Shoes: La Sportiva Ultra Raptor II
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS are the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
- KLAW Footwear 528: Best Rainproof Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Best Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Overall: Vionic Walker Classic
Who should buy it: Anyone searching for a cushioned shoe with good arch support.
- There are medium and wide widths available.
- The APMA Seal of Acceptance was awarded to us.
- Orthotic made by a podiatrist
- There are numerous colors to choose from.
- Upper water-repellent
It’s difficult to declare a walking shoe the “best overall,” especially when unpleasant ailments like plantar fasciitis are included. Having said that, the Vionic Walker Classics contains a lot of features that appeal to a wide range of consumers.
To begin, they include a podiatrist-designed orthotic insole with a deep heel cup to keep the rear of your foot stable and adequate arch support to correct any pronation while keeping your ankle in place.
While the heel is stiffer, the midsole and heel have enough give to keep you comfortable without feeling unstable. The midsole is comprised of EVA foam and has a low height to ensure a seamless transition from heel to toe.
Vionic struck a wonderful blend of flexibility and functionality here. A Goldilocks shoe should be stiff enough not to bend in half, but not so hard that it has no give. This shoe is flexible enough to allow for natural movement, yet not so flimsy that you feel unsupported.
Because of these pro-foot-health attributes, the Vionic Walker Classics have earned the American Podiatric Medical Association’s Seal of Acceptance. They come in both ordinary and wide widths.